The Facts About LED Lighting Technology
LED Lighting Technology has now become globally accepted as the most efficient and low maintenance method of illumination. This is largely due to the advances made in LED Lighting Technology and LED lighting becoming more affordable as a consequence. LED lighting can be up to ten times more energy efficient than incandescent lighting.
“LED lighting can be up to ten times more energy efficient than current incandescent lights.”
LED Lights remain close to room temperature which can cut down energy usage even further. This happens by reducing the need for air-conditioning to counteract the heat given off by incandescent lights. LEDs are more durable than other lighting sources as they are resistant to heat, cold, shock and vibration. LED’s can last tens of thousands of hours when used at the correctly rated current.
“LED’s can last tens of thousands of hours when used at the correctly rated current.”
Some LED Facts & Figures
- What does LED stand for? Light emitting diode.
- What is an LED? LEDs are solid state electronic (silicon semiconductor)devices that emit light.
- Low voltage – Safe and inexpensive to operate, reducing power costs, they can be powered by batteries or a battery backup source.
- Low heat output – Higher efficiency giving more flexibility for installation options, reduces air conditioning loads inside buildings.
- Long life – Reduced maintenance costs. The life expectancy of an LED chip can be up to 100,000 hours. That’s over 11 years continuous operation, Compare that to the average 1000 hours for a standard filament light.
- Durable – There is no glass or filament in an LED making it resistant to heat, cold, shock and vibration.
- Various colours – LED’s are available in several fixed colours such as red, blue, green, yellow, or white.
- Variable colours – A single tri-colour LED mixes the three primary colours (Red/Gree/Blue) to produce virtually any colour you need.
*Call sdl lighting today for a quotation.*